Aloft Asheville Downtown Offers Music, Three Ways
Asheville is an undisputed music mecca. From downtown’s street corners to a dozen venues around town, this city is constantly buzzing with the sounds of instruments plucked, beat and warbled.
If there’s an epicenter for music within Asheville, it’s downtown. And it’s here that you’ll find a surprising musical hotspot, a place where drinks clink along to the beat of the music three or four nights a week. That place is the Aloft Asheville Downtown.
Centrally located on Broadway and a stone’s throw from other great musical venues like the Orange Peel and the Fine Arts Theatre, Aloft’s lifeblood, like that of the town it calls home, is music.
The modern destination has cultivated its own rich music scene. Weekend nights are for live music, but there’s always a way to get your tune fix at the Aloft.
Sundays Live@Aloft Series
- Sundays Live@Aloft returns this month! This year’s performances will take place on May 28, June 25, September 24 and October 29.
- These events are special for a number of reasons: It’s the only time the Aloft’s rooftop level is accessible to the public, and the views are stunning.
- A $5 suggested donation benefits a different local charity every concert. Past charities have included Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue, Friends of Connect Buncombe and the LEAF Foundation.
- These concerts take place from 5 to 8 p.m. as the sun sets over Asheville.
Guests can sip local craft brews and cocktails and nosh on light snacks throughout the performance.
W XYZ Music Series
- Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, stop in at Aloft’s W XYZ lounge to enjoy the best of Asheville’s local musical talent.
- There’s something for everyone. Performers range from indie-rock to hot DJs.
- W XYZ is a great destination even without the live music. They serve a varied and seasonal beer selection, including favorites from local breweries, plus great wines and small bites like pork tacos and fig flatbread.
- W XYZ’s live music is free and open to the public.
Aloft Musician Corner
- Ever wish you were the one on the stage? Check out Aloft’s Musician Corner for an impromptu performance.
- Brian Boggs Chairmakers’ Sonas Music Chair and a Taylor guitar and Cojon Mini Box Drum from Musician’s Workshop make the space a musician’s paradise.
- Check out the delicious drinks and small plates from W XYZ before, during or after you enjoy the music.